Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Millionaire to keep working as cleaner

A Scottish cleaner who won a record bingo jackpot over the Easter weekend said she would return to work as normal on Tuesday (today).

Soraya Lowell, 38, won the national jackpot of 1,167,795 pounds at a bingo hall in Coatbridge, north Lanarkshire.

"I don't intend to give up my job. I like the girls I work with, and they have already said to me 'don't pack it in,'" she said.

"I haven't slept at all but I will be back at work on Tuesday (March 25th) as usual." The mother-of-four from Hamilton, Lanarkshire, said her husband Frankie didn't believe her when she rang home with the news.

Her oldest children have already asked her to buy them cars. Steve Baldwin, of the National Bingo Game, said Sunday's win was the biggest ever.

"We are thrilled for Soraya and look forward to presenting her with her record-breaking cheque," he said.