Sunday, August 8, 2010

Australian man survives 12,700-volt shock

An electric pole surveyor in Australia had a miraculous escape when he suffered only partial burns on being hit by a power surge of 12,700 volts.

The 35-year-old unidentified man suffered partial burns to about 20 percent of his body and was shifted to a hospital in Brisbane.

"It's believed the patient from Rockhampton was a surveyor and had pulled over on the side of the road," Herald Sun quoted an official as saying.

"He had taken a pole, and it accidentally hit an overhead power line sending 12,700 volts through him."